Travel with SJMA
The Council of 100 with artist Trenton Doyle Hancock at his studio in Houston, Texas.
Want to travel to cultural sites in the Bay Area? Beyond California? Abroad? As a member of the Council of 100 you can participate in Museum-sponsored day trips in the Bay Area and beyond. As a member of the Director’s Council you can accompany key Museum staff on exciting national and international trips. To learn about upcoming art travel opportunities contact us at 408.271.6885.
Council of 100 Trip to Los Angeles
Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Mirrored Room at The Broad; Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
November 2 – 5, 2017
Members of SJMA’s Council of 100 are cordially invited to join S. Sayre Batton, Oshman Executive Director, on an unforgettable art tour of Los Angeles, California. Experience the City of Angels with an art-insider’s perspective during the Getty’s Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA programs, enjoy exclusive access to private collections—with a sunset viewing of a James Turrell skypiece—and artist studios normally unavailable to the public, and meet behind-the-scenes with directors and curators on private tours of LA’s premiere institutions. This signature C100 trip will provide stylish comfort with boutique accommodations at the iconic Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, and induce states of culinary bliss at celebrated eateries like Michael’s Restaurant.
To reserve your space now, please fill out the form below and return to email@example.com. For more information, please contact Kristin Bertrand at 408.271.6885.
Director’s Council Trip to Portugal and Spain
February 27 – March 10, 2018
- An exciting tour of contemporary art and culture through Portugal and Spain’s greatest cities: Lisbon, Porto, Madrid, and Bilbao.
- Visits to world-famous museums, including the Prado, the Guggenheim-Bilbao, and the Reina Sofía Museum, home of Picasso’s Guernica.
- Breathtaking architecture tours, including palaces and museums designed by famous architects Eduardo Soto de Moura, Rem Koolhas, Alvaro Siza Viera, and Frank Gehry.
- Special visits to artist studios such as the studio of Joana de Vasconcelos and the studio of Daniel Canogar.
- Fine dining at trendy restaurants like Boa Nova Casa do Cha in Porto.
- Wine-tasting in the famous la Rioja wine region.