The Council of 100 and Director's Council are integral investors for social impact at the San José Museum of Art. Members are intimately engaged in the life of the Museum, connecting with curators, artists, and SJMA leadership; and provide crucial growth capital to support the institution’s overarching goal to become a borderless museum, essential to creative life throughout the diverse communities of San José and Silicon Valley.
Council of 100
The Council of 100 is SJMA's central support group, helping to sustain the Museum's essential operations, build the permanent collection, and actively contribute to a vibrant arts community in Silicon Valley.
Every year Council of 100 members have the opportunity to:
- Celebrate at the Council of 100's Annual Dinner, which features a prominent artist speaker. Past presenters have included Linda Besemer, Eric Fischl, Tony Oursler, Hayal Pozanti, Alison Saar, Wayne Thiebaud, Pae White, and Leo Villareal;
- Travel to national and local art destinations with SJMA's director and curators. Previous destinations include Carmel, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Scottsdale, Seattle ;
- Participate in an annual vote to select a work for the Museum's permanent collection;
- Engage with artists at salons for leading contemporary artists;
- Receive priority invitations to select Museum events, including the annual gala, lunchtime lectures, and other private programs that feature noted artists and art world figures;
- Prominent recognition on the Museum's donor wall.
The Director's Council is SJMA's premier patron group, essential to the continued success of the Museum's strategic growth, exhibitions, education, and acquisitions programs. Each year, members participate in bespoke events and activities that deepen their knowledge and understanding of contemporary art in unexpected and surprising ways.
Joining this philanthropic group offers all of the benefits of the Council of 100, plus:
- Invitations to private in-home events and visits to the Bay Area's best private collections;
- International or domestic tour with the executive director and curators designed exclusively for Director's Council members. Previous destinations have included China, Dallas, Germany, India, New York, Portugal, and Spain;
- Priority consideration for the Museum facility's rentals for select private events.
For more information on supporting the Museum as a member of the Council of 100 or Director's Council and details about benefits and upcoming events, please contact Jennifer Sime, chief philanthropy officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.271.6885.