Kids Art Camp – Summer 2017
For children ages 6–14 (camps are divided into age groups 6–8, 9–11, and 12–14)
Join us for a week of fun and creativity at the Museum this summer. Students gain access to the Museum’s galleries outside of our normal operating hours as they experiment with artistic processes and participate in a student exhibition.
These full-day camps offer in-depth art experiences for South Bay youth. Led by SJMA teaching artists and inspired by our current exhibitions, the Museum’s popular Summer Art Camps teach kids how to look at, talk about and create art. Each student receives an art supply kit so they can practice new techniques at home, and the camp culminates in a one-day public exhibition of student work. Young artists use design-thinking processes to explore a variety of media in drawing, painting, mixed media, and sculpture. All art materials are included in the camp fee.
Each week-long camp is offered Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM. (no camp the week of July 4).
Session 1: June 12–16 (Ages 6-8 and 9-11)
Session 2: June 19–23 (Ages 6-8, 9-11, and 12-14)
Session 3: June 26–June 30(Ages 6-8 and 9-11, and 12-14)
Session 4: July 10–14 (Ages 6-8 and 9-11, and 12-14)
Session 5: July 17–21 (Ages 6-8 and 9-11, and 12-14)
Session 6: July 24–28 (Ages 6-8, 9-11)
Session 7: July 31–Aug 4 (Ages 6-8, 9-11)
Saturday, July 8, 11 AM–4 PM, for sessions 1–3
Saturday, Aug 5, 11AM–4 PM, for sessions 4–7
Due to the high demand for these camps, you may only register for one week.
Online registration only. Museum members at the Dual/Family level, or above, at the time of registration, will receive priority registration and a $50 camp discount. Take advantage of this benefit, join or renew your membership now. You can also choose to become a SJMA member when registering for camp.
Priority Member’s registration: February 1–5, 2017 (includes existing/new/renewing Members at the Dual/Family level or above at time of registration)
General registration: Begins February 6, 2017
Questions regarding the program? Please contact us at 408.291.5393
How to Register (only one week per student please)
1. Click on the link below.
2. Under “Programs” select the “View” button next to Summer Art Camp 2017.
3. Use the AGE filter on the left to show available sessions for your child’s age (at time of camp).
4. Look for your desired week and click the “ADD” button next to your affiliation with SJMA (SJMA Member $325, Non-Member $375, or New/Renewing Member $400). New and Renewing Members will be contacted by our Membership department after you register.
5. After selecting “ADD” you will see your choice in “Your Selections”. You may register another camper by filtering for that child’s age and selecting the appropriate session; just make sure to register for the correct week and age group. When your sessions are selected clock “CONTINUE”.
6. Input participant’s information.
7. Input your information.
8. Complete registration form and payment processing.
- Museum Members: $325*
- Non-Members: $375
- Package: one-year museum membership at the Dual/Family Level + Camp: $400
*Museum membership at the Dual/Family level, or above, at the time of registration is required for discount.
All art materials are included in the camp fee. This program is not a licensed child care or day care. Lunches will not be provided. Students must bring lunch, drink, and a snack.
Refund policy - Fees are refundable if requested before June 1, 2017 ($15 processing fee applies). No refunds will be given starting June 1, 2017. The San Jose Museum of Art has the right to cancel the camp, in which case fees are 100% refundable. Registration is not transferable.