General Information on Physical Access at SJMA
- Wheelchair accessible, with an elevator connecting all three floors. A wheelchair ramp lines the front of the building at the Admissions Front desk.
- Wheelchairs, seat canes (walking stick and cane), and strollers are available for loan at the information desk.
- Accessible restrooms are located on the lower level.
- The Museum does not have a parking facility; however there is one accessible parking spot on Market Street, near the Museum’s main entrance. A disabled parking placard is required.
- Manual and motorized wheelchairs, walkers, canes, service animals on a leash, and other assistive devices are always permitted in the galleries.
- Benches are available in most galleries. Additionally, gallery stools are available for loan at the information desk. These portable, light weight stools have a handle and can be easily carried throughout the galleries.
Services for Visitors who are Deaf
Public gallery tours and lectures can be interpreted in American Sign Language (ASL) for deaf visitors and will be booked upon request. Please provide three weeks’ advance notice for this free service. Arrangements for signed tours can be made with the Education Program Coordinator by phone 408.291.5393 (voice) or email: email@example.com..
Services for Visitors who are Blind or Visually Impaired
Visual Aid Device/Tools (Magnifying glass) are available upon request.
All of the above noted services for visitors with disabilities are offered free of charge.