Work as a team and explore the galleries to find the answers. Take photos of your answers and post them to Instagram or Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #IluvSJMA so we can find your answers!
Answer all 11 correctly and win 2 free admission tickets to the San Jose Museum of Art
- Who invented the Gem paperclip? Look behind the “curtain” to snap his picture.
- He was “born on a mountaintop in Tennessee, greenest state in the land of the free…” Find him and take a photo.
- Take a photo of yourself outside the museum’s original building, but indoors.
- We’re not in Disneyland, but how many hidden Mickey’s can you find? (No photos of this work of art, please—get someone to hold up the correct number of fingers!)
- Pick a work of art in Initial Public Offering and get someone to pose like the person (or people) in it, and take the picture.
- What movie is playing at the Criterion Theatre in Santa Monica?
- Baseball fans know that Willie Mays wore number 24. But a photo of the Say Hey kid has a different number. What is it?
- The camera in your phone is tiny. Use it to take a picture of something made with the opposite.
- Visit “What’s Your Angle,” do the hands-on activity, and take a photo of it.
- Take photos of three things you might pack on your flight from San Francisco.
- SJMA is a contemporary art museum, but can you find an artwork based on a work from 1514?