Contemporary Curator’s Circle
The Contemporary Curator’s Circle at the San José Museum of Art is a new community of young collectors and supporters of contemporary art in the Bay Area.
Founded in May 2019 by gallery director Kelly Huang, in partnership with SJMA curator Lauren Schell Dickens, this new collective will visit artist studios and local private collections, take mini-tours of art destinations and gain inside perspective into the curatorial process at the Museum.
A network for next-generation collectors in Silicon Valley, the Contemporary Curator’s Circle will create meaningful relationships for its members with artists, curators, and fellow Bay Area art lovers in intimate, behind-the-scenes settings.
Contemporary Curator’s Circle – $1,500 ($1,250 tax-deductible)
Enjoy Collector level membership benefits, as well as:
- One year of unlimited free admission for you and one guest
- One additional member card (allows free admission for a second member and one guest
- Exclusive visits to private collections and artist studios
- Hosted viewings of San Francisco Bay Area gallery shows
- Private exhibition tours with curators
- Invitations to connect with curators at national and international art fairs and on research trips
- Dinner with the executive director and patron members
- Invitations to all exhibition openings
- Reciprocal membership access at over 1,000 museums in California and across the US, including SFMOMA, Asian Art Museum, de Young, Legion of Honor, OMCA, and Guggenheim.
For more information about supporting the Museum as a member of the Contemporary Curator’s Circle and a full list of benefits, please contact Kristin Bertrand at 408.271.6885 or email@example.com